Monday, October 4, 2010

A boring night at work

So, I’m sitting here at work (weekend job) bored out of my mind. I wish I could do some trading/strategy testing right now, but the laptop I have is very old and unable to do anything other then play mp3s/check e-mail. I’ve been thinking about getting a new laptop or at least a netbook for a while now, and got a few picked out. Just need to wait and see how much money I have left over after my dad leaves (he is up visiting right now).

I’m to the point of my re-learning curve that I’m ready to start testing some strategies out. I need a strategy for flat/choppy, trending, and volatile market types (1 or more strategies for each). If any of you have a strategy(ies) for any of the above market types I would love to know about it. I will likely not copy it exactly, but things you may use (i.e. a certain combination of indicators, or chart patterns) could help me develop my own strategy.

Also, now that I am getting back into my blogging I would like to know what you all want to see more of. I’ve listed some items in a poll I’ve started (to the right of this post), but I’m sure there is something I’ve missed. So if you have something that isn’t listed please post it in the comments. The poll will expire on 10/15/10 at 11:59pmMST, and within a few days afterwards a post will be made announcing the results.

No comments: