Friday, October 8, 2010

A blog overhaul, and today's trades

I finally got around to updating my blog. The old look wasn’t really getting the job done for me, and the newer layout looks better in my opinion (though I would like to hear your opinion in the comments!). I also made my own header, added an educational link, and updated the “blogs I read” section. I just weeded out the old blogs that I either don’t read or that have been taken down. I will eventually add more blogs to my reading list at some point in time.

I’ve also finally got around to signing up on the Forex Factory forums, and started to lightly get back into posting on the Trade2Win forums. Between the 2 I find myself on the forex factory forums more often then the T2W forums. You can find me on both under the username “StockHunter.”

Now on to trading,

I almost didn’t trade today, but since I was on the computer I left the chart up in the background. During my 1st trade I found out that today has G7 and IMF meetings going on. So I decided to just stick with the one trade, even though I had a good 2nd set up in EUR/USD (link).

The funny part about today was the jobs number. Though it was slightly better then expected you can tell the reaction was all emotion because the EUR/USD went right back into it’s same range. This only confirmed to myself that I made the right decision in staying out of the market after my 1st trade.

Totals for the day
Forex: (+.24%) Paper-trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

1 trade for a gain


Note: my total for the week is +.73% (3 days of trading)

1 comment:

Vikram said...

Interesting.
http://www.tradinglogically.blogspot.com