Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trades for 11-25-09, and weekly total

Today I did really good. I wound up taking the early morning (London hours) off, and starting my day during abnormal hours. Today’s abnormal hours trading just reinforced why I don’t trade during that time any more (-.98%). I don’t even know why I bother with it, but I may just stop trading that timeframe all together from now on.

I started normal hours trading with a loss (-1.41%), however I was just barely stopped in it (my original forecast played out like I expected). You could also technically call it an abnormal hours trade because I entered it about 10 minutes before (8:50amMST) normal hours starts (9amMST). I decided to keep it in my normal hours results though because it was so close.

My 2nd trade (normal hours) is where I made my money. I looked at the USD/JPY chart on the 1 hour and it looked like a good short, so I double checked myself on the daily and entered a ½ sized position. I knew this trade was going to take a while and I needed to sleep because I work the night shift tonight at my other job so I set my stop gain/loss and went to bed. When I woke up I could see that I was in the money, and decided to jump out because I had a very nice profit and figured it might start flattening/pulling back because it was nearing support.

I will try to get some trading in from work tonight, but it will be thanksgiving so it will really just be an experiment to see if I can trade it in the future. Therefore I’m going to post my weekly results today, walking away from this week with a nice gain.

My total for the week is +6.64%.

Totals for the day
Forex: (+5.15%) Paper Trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

2 trades, 1 loss, and 1 gain


No comments: