Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trades for 10-1-09

“Kaboom” is all I have to say about today. Needless to say it was a really bad day for me, but with the loss I realized a few things. The 1st thing I did wrong was I traded the news releases, when I should have just slept in. They put me in a reactionary mindset and then I snowball from there, so from now on I’ll not trade (or just paper-trade) the news. The 2nd thing I did wrong was I traded full sizes when I shouldn’t have (again). The 3rd thing I did wrong was I traded for real during abnormal hours. Although I may have found the cause as to why abnormal hours are doing bad, and that would be because of new releases like what happened today. However I still need to go back and see if that is the case (or not), and hopefully I’ll be able to do that some time this weekend.

Totals for the day
Forex: (-10.19%) Real Trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

8 trades: 5 losses, and 3 gains






4 comments:

Harvey said...

Dude, days like that really suck! I feel your pain bc I've been there many times myself. Although, you seem to handle it better than I did for sure, haha.

Because you handle these types of days so well there's no doubt you'll learn from it and trade better in the future.

StockHunter said...

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words and support.

FX said...

I'm sorry man, but it's all trading. You are absolutely capable to easily earn it back, trade by trade, day by day after small brake.

StockHunter said...

Thanks, I am going to take a break starting today so hopefully when I get back at it I'll be refreshed.