Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trades for 9-23-09

Today I did good and decided to only paper-trade from 9:30amEST to 11amEST (“abnormal hours”). The reason I decided to paper-trade that timeframe is because after about ½ a year it’s at -8.50%. I plan on continuing to paper-trade that timeframe because I want to see if I can make it work by just trading the first 10 minutes (for example) of the US market open. So from now on (including today) the totals for the day will not include any paper-trades I may make during 9:30amEST to 11amEST.

Totals for the day
Forex: (+1.76%) Real Trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

6 trades, 1 loss, and 5 gains








2 comments:

Harvey said...

What makes the time from 930EST to 11EST considered abnormal hours again?

StockHunter said...

Because when I originally started my "normal" hours were 11amEST to US market close. The London hours I trade I call BMO (before market open) because the London hours I trade are before the US market opens. So, my current total trading schedule is:

3amMST to 5amMST (what I call "BMO")
7:30amMST to 9amMST ("abnormal hours", which I am now only paper-trading)
9amMST to about noonish MST but most of the time I end my day at around 10amMST ("normal hours")