Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trades for 7-14-09

Today I did -1.68% during London hours, +.56% in abnormal hours, and +1.63% during normal hours. I decided to start trading full size (slightly more than double of what I was trading yesterday) today and boy did I pick the wrong day. At the worst point today I was about -10%, but I managed to squeak out a gain by the end of the day. My mistake was I should have taken the rest of London hours and abnormal hours off after I made my 1st trade. Things were super choppy, and I tried to play it which almost burned me. I need to trust myself in the mornings when I feel like the chart is/going to be flat instead of listening to the voice that says “but I need to make some money today” or “I don’t want to miss this move”. I’m almost there, I just needed one more knock on the head to remind me :).

Oh, and even though I traded full account size today I decided to keep posting my percentages the same. The reason I did this is because I don’t think I’ll be trading full size tomorrow or the rest of this week. However, I am considering it so I’ll let you know if I trade full size in the day’s post. The reason I’m still not willing to go full size quite yet is because I told myself to go a week before going full size and it’s only been 1 day (yesterday).

Totals for the day
Forex: (+.51%) Real Trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

17 trades, 6 losses, and 11 gains










2 comments:

FX said...

Taking size up is hairy. Be careful.

nate said...

Nice day, congrats on ending in the green.