Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trades for 5-5-09

Today I did -.54% during London hours, +1.53% in abnormal hours, and -1.54% during normal hours. My problem today was that I made too many trades. I feel like I’m really close to breaking out of this rut, and all I got to do is have some patience by only making really good trades instead of trading everything in sight. For example, lately I have been almost 100% focused on 1M charts and I need to take my focus and spread it out to the larger timeframes. I started too today, which is why I did better.

Totals for the day
Forex: (-.55%) Real Trades
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time

20 trades, 9 losses, 1 flat, and 10 gains






2 comments:

FX said...

In my trading I use 10sec a lot and it's really important for me. Your trades are even shorter then mine and maybe you could check out lower t/f then 1min. I have 1h, 5min, 1min and 10sec parallel open. I guess that 10 sec is the most important. With only 1min that I tried to use last week I do impatient things and wrong decisions. I just like to see HOW is market moving on 10sec to give me some clues.
It doesn't have to do any good to you but just in case I share the info.

StockHunter said...

Yeah, I do use the 10sec every once in a great while, but thats mostly for seeing the spread better. For me I find that when I make my decisions off the 5M and larger timeframes I do alot better. I went away from that the last few weeks, and it's why I was doing bad. As of yesterday (5-6-09) I went back to what I was doing (trading mostly off the 5M and larger timefreams) and had a great day.