Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trades for 2-4-09



Welcome to Obama’s USA, where you can only make how much comrade Obama wants you too make.

I know some people out there have heard me say that I wouldn’t bash the guy like the liberals did with Bush. However, what Obama did today was so un-American I couldn’t help but post the above. I also think that the TARP shouldn't have been passed to begin with. Anyways, on to the trading you came here for.

I decided to try something with the new MA strategy. In my 1st trade I recorded where I would have taken profits, instead of sticking with the trailing stop. It turns out, exiting where I did would have been better than sticking with the trailing stop. Other than that, the market decided to go cliff diving today. I almost went long at around 1:25pmEST, but I always like at least two 10M bars to close holding support/resistance before playing a reversal.

Click here for a video of today’s trades (be sure to click on “watch in HD”).

The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (+.20%) (+$54.64)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

DOG – Long (+.20%) (+$54.64) My only real trade for the day


DDM – Long (+.62%) paper-trade


MA Trading: (+.57%) paper-trading

DDM – Long (+1.67%) Took profits instead of sticking with the trailing stop.
DDM – Long (-1.10%) Stopped out at my original stopout, I should have entered when it reacted to the 64 EMA (see my video of today’s trades).


Gapers: (-3.04%) paper-trading

SQNM – Short (-3.04%)

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Eastern Standard Time.

No trades

No comments: