Friday, February 20, 2009

Trades for 2-20-09, and weekly total

I ended the week -2.03%, and my biggest bummer this week was my loss on 2-18-09. The total this week would have been -1.03% if I could have gotten the stop I wanted that day.

I found a problem with my trading yesterday, and today. I discovered that I’ve been making my picks wrong, instead of looking for what’s likely to happen I’ve been looking to just make a trade (see today’s trading video for an example). I also had a 2nd real trade today in XLF. I saw the big run we had and it looked like a top, so I went for a quick profit on the 1 minute chart.

For my Friday post I have a funny video for you, which I stole from The Denarii Trader:



The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Click here for a video of today’s trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (-.34%)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

UWM – Long (-1.21%) Real Trade. I should have waited for the short
UWM – Long (-.98%) Paper Trade. I should have traded DDM, not this


SDS – Long (+.49%) Paper Trade
SDS – Long (-.80%) Paper Trade


XLF – Short (+.87%) Real Trade decided to play this one on a 1 minute chart


MA Trading: (+1.17%) paper-trading

SDS – Long (+2.02%)
SDS – Long (-.85%)


Gapers: (+1.27%) paper-trading
UWM – Long (+1.27%)

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

No comments: