Monday, February 2, 2009

Trades for 2-2-09 with video!

Well, the overnight trip didn’t happen this weekend, but we still got a couple of day trips in :).



My trade today could have been better if I hadn’t jumped the gun and gotten in where I did. I also started testing a new trading idea today, basically playing price action off of 2 EMAs (32, and 64), and 1 SMA (16). I haven’t come up with a name for it yet, so for now it’s going to be called “MA Trading”. The strategy is explained in my trading video for today. I tried to explain it as best as I could, but in the future I plan on doing a better job and having better examples.

Click here for a video of today’s trades (be sure to click on “watch in HD”). Yes, I FINALLY got it to work :).

The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (+.01%) (+$1.37)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

DDM – Long (+.01%) (+$1.37) My only real trade for the day. Entry was too early


TWM – Long (+.86%) paper-trade
TWM – Long (-.93%) paper-trade


Gapers: (+4.64%) paper-trading

DRYS – Short (+4.64%)

MA Trading: (-.64%) paper-trading

SDS – Long (-.64%)


10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Eastern Standard Time.

No trades

No comments: