Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trades for 2-19-09

Today went better, I just wish I had stuck with my original stopgain in my 1st (real) trade. After entering the trade I should have had the mindset of waiting for something to prove me wrong instead of 2nd guessing it, and looking for more proof that I was correct in my entry.

Just in case you didn’t read my post yesterday, the “Gapers” are now trading the open of the index only (no stocks).

Sometime in the near future (maybe this weekend) I plan on doing videos of how I trade, and will post them in my daily post as they are completed.

The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Click here for a video of today’s trades.

Totals for the day

Discretionary trading: (+.19%)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

SDS – Long (+.19%) My only real trade today. Exit was bad, I should have held on (see reasoning above).


DDM – Long (-.79%) paper-trade I should have not traded this because it was still in a range
DDM – Long (+.53%) paper-trade


SDS – Long (-1.19%) paper-trade after 3pmEST trade


MA Trading: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

Gapers: (-1.52%) paper-trading

DDM – Long (-.82%) Traded this on the opening bar to see how I would do jumping in early
DDM – Long (-.70%) Traded this on the 2nd bar, like I would normally do with a gaper

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

No comments: