Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Trades for 2-18-09

Had a nice discussion about my trading with my dad today. In our talk I came up with a few things I need to start doing. The 1st was I should stop gap trading stocks in the morning and just gap trade the indexes (if they gap or have a big red/green bar on the open), 2nd I need to continue doing my morning trade, 3rd is to adjust my during the day discretionary trading, and the 4th being I will also discretionary trade during the last hour of the day. I will also continue doing my moving average and 10k trades like normal.

My trade this morning officially SUCKED! My original stop was $86.84 (-.89%) but the price moved to quick for me to get out there, so I had to take the price I got :(. Same thing applied to my MA trade, had my stop and couldn’t get it so I took what I could.

The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Click here for a video of today’s trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (-1.89%)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

SDS – Long (-1.89%) My only real trade today. My actual stoploss was at $86.84 (-.89%), but the price moved too quickly for me to get it.


SDS – Long (-.82%) paper-trade


SSO – Long (+.74%) paper-trade


DOG – Long (-.54%) paper-trade


DDM – Long (-.96%) paper-trade After 3pmEST trade


MA Trading: (-2.22%) paper-trading

SDS – Long (-2.22%) I had my original stoploss higher, but price moved too quickly for me to get it.


Gapers: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Eastern Standard Time.

No trades

No comments: