Friday, February 13, 2009

Trades for 2-13-09, and weekly total

My total for the week (2-9-09 to 2-13-09) is (+1.65%).

I’m happy with this week overall, but today’s trading could have been better. I almost went long in the DJIA (long DDM) at 10:01amEST this morning, but we were in a trading range and I don’t like trading within a range like that (see today’s trading video). That wasn’t a big deal though, it was my trade in DOG that was the problem. I should have traded SDS, but I went for DOG because it had a smaller stoploss (out of fear). If I had gone for SDS I would have made about +.85% today. Not much else for me to say today other than I’m off this weekend to AZ for my sister’s baptism, so I’ll see you on Tuesday.

For my Friday post I have a video for you. In it the guy talks about trading forex, but everything he says applies to stock trading also:



The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Click here for a video of today’s trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (+.37%)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

DOG – Long (+.37%) My only real trade today


DDM – Long (+.75%) paper-trade I should have placed my stopgain at $25.97


MA Trading: (-.89%) paper-trading

SSO – Long (-.89%)


Gapers: (0%) paper-trading

No trades, none of my picks had the volume I needed.

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Eastern Standard Time.

No trades

No comments: