Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trades for 2-10-09

I finally had a stock trade today (incase you haven’t noticed, all I’ve been trading lately has been ETFs)! When the DJIA broke support at 8200 it scared me for a second because I didn’t know how HNZ was going to react. I’m glad I stuck with my rule of not basing individual stock entries/exits on how the index is behaving. My big gain in SDS (discretionary) was pure luck. I just happened to buy it on a “normal” trade and before I could place my stopgain it shot up so I took profits @ $75.98. I almost went for $76.48, but once the bar closed I decided not to be greedy.

Click here for a video of today’s trades (be sure to click on “watch in HD”).

The total figure for “Discretionary trading” does not include my paper-trades.

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (+.21%) (+$55.44)
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

HNZ – Long (+.21%) (+$55.44) My only real trade today I took profits because it had a long run on the 5M chart that looked like it was going to end


SDS – Long (+3.44%) paper-trade This was a lucky gain


MA Trading: (+5.90%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Eastern Standard Time.

SDS – Long (+5.90%) Took profits, but was almost trailing stopped out on the 11amEST bar


Gapers: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

10k strategy: (0%) paper-trading

No trades

No comments: