Friday, January 9, 2009

Trades for 1-9-09, and weekly total

My total for the week is (-2.10%) or (-$570.31)


This week was crap for trading, and I hope all you other traders out there did better than I did. I’d say all but one of the days this week were choppy. Today I just made a paper-trade this morning then called it quits because I figured it’d be choppy, and I had to do some projects around the house.

Once I was done with the handy work I sat down with my dad and we did some thinking about how we could make some money in this market. What we came up with was that I should just trade the morning (until noon NYSE time) then call it quits for the rest of the day until things go back to “normal.” The reason we came up with that is I noticed that I do ok early in the day, but as the day goes on I rack up the losses. We also looked at my old results from trading gapers, and decided that I should start paper-trading them again from market open till about 10am NYSE time.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Totals for the day
Discretionary trading: (+.02%) paper-trading
All times on the charts are Mountain Standard Time.

DOG – Long (+.02%) The DOW hit support on the daily chart, so I took the breakeven


10k strategy: (0%)

No trades

No comments: