Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trades for 11-25-08

No trades today. I’m disappointed in the fact that because ameritrade’s command center froze up on me, I missed an entry in GG which would have been a +1.88%. But oh well, at least I avoided losses in HAL, and AET.

Totals for the day
10k strategy: (0%) ($0)

No trades

Sense the blog is looking a little boring lately I decided to start posting the charts for one of the QQQQ strategies I’ve been testing. The following chart is trading (paper) QQQQ on a 5 minute chart based on my intuition, and I call it "QQQQ 5M":


This is how the strategy has preformed over the past 8 days (per trade, including today):

4 comments:

Denarii said...

Stock Hunter - you need to drive around more. Gas prices near my house are 25 cents higher and I can easily find gas 50 cents more. It is really crazy when you can see a 30 cent diff just standing at a street corner here.

FX said...

I really like your posting on qqqq. You are really patient and disciplined. You test your strategies, and it look's like you are not in "hurry to make money today", that's very good for success in trading I believe.

StockHunter said...

Denarii, it's the same price in the next county over :P lol. I think the higher price has more to do with the fact that it's harder to ship stuff into the mountains so you pay more. And it's also a tourist trap up here (I live within an hour's drive of 7 ski resorts).

Thanks FX, one thing I have learned the hard way many times before is to test a strategy for at least a month. I plan on looking at this one in jan 09 to see if it's tradeable it or not.

StockHunter said...

Typo:
"I plan on looking at this one in jan 09 to see if it's tradeable it or not."
Should be:
"I plan on looking at this one in jan 09 to see if it's tradeable or not."